Friday, November 21, 2014

Pound Cake

Week 12, recipe 11 ~ Pound Cake found on page 14


 I do not think that this was an authentic Pound cake- it was light and kind of spongy, more like a cross between a Pound cake & a good Yellow cake.   
However I try it, and look at it, I keep coming back to "It's not my Mother's Pound Cake.".  I don't know that I would make it again- or  at least not if I really wanted a Pound Cake.  =)

Notes:
~I substituted 1 teaspoon of Dry Lemon Peel, for the fresh peel of one lemon.
~I also opted to use 3X5 loaf pans instead of a Bundt pan or a Kugelhoph mold...It made 3 & 1/2 little cakes.  (One for the neighbor's birthday, one for the freezer, and 1 & 1/2 for us to eat)
~One thing I did not pay attention to was how long they baked...sorry!
~The lovely yellow color is due to the fact I used golden free-range eggs (from: www.facebook.com/GuadalupeRanch).

---maybe not during the project, but at least not long after you bake!

No comments: