Friday, February 6, 2015

Coffee Cheesecake with Pecan Sauce (recipe too!)

Week 23, recipe 20 ~ Coffee Cheesecake with Pecan Sauce found on page 79


I believe that this was the easiest cake I've made to date, and I assure you that it was THE BEST. Happy Sigh. I'm not sure if you would call the Pecan Sauce a caramel sauce or a praline sauce, but it was so good! 

A Cheesecake like this would certainly have come from a kitchen like this!
Notes:
~I used homemade Dark Brown Sugar instead of the "light brown sugar" that the recipe called for, so in the cheesecake, I used 1/4 white sugar & 3/4 dark brown sugar- it was perfect! 
~The recipe called for 2 Tablespoons of "very strong brewed coffee", so I used 2 teaspoons Decaf Instant coffee and 2 Tablespoons hot water...this amount was perfect too. =)
~Mara Hubbard's Organic Pecans went in the sauce.
~The sauce also called for "light brown sugar", and I used all dark- no white!

~ Remember the Giveaway! Click HERE to enter!

(((I'm sharing this post with A Daily Cup of Mrs. Olson)))

10 comments:

Anonymous said...

It was incredible! -Dad

Anonymous said...

Oh, that looks so good! I want to try it out. ~F. Elizabeth

Anonymous said...

dang that looks good. -John

Anonymous said...

I'm thinking I'm going to have to take this one for a test drive...soon. ~Mrs. Bullok

Anonymous said...

The brown sugar taste came through...the texture of the cheesecake was delicate, and I enjoyed the crunchy pecans in the caramel sauce! ~Hannah

Anonymous said...

I'm not a coffee fan, but it was good. (I'd drink coffee if it tasted like this) -Daniel =)

Anonymous said...

This Cheesecake is SO good and rich- You can't stop eating it. The coffee/caramel combination makes it heavenly. =) And that picture makes me want more.
~Sarah H.

Have a Daily Cup of Mrs. Olson said...

Oh my gosh, praline or caramel I would love it! I am a caramel lover. Although I don't drink coffee, I do like the flavor of it in some things. I think this sounds delicious! Just gotta ask, is that your sweet kitchen? Love it!!
hugs,
Jann

McKee Family said...

Yum! It was the best recipe so far!

Adrienne said...

Mrs. Olson- no, this is not our kitchen...it would be lovely if it were! Every post I write, I include a cute photo or ad. =) Makes me smile!