Friday, June 5, 2015

Chocolate Frozen (Greek) Yogurt (recipe too!)

Hi friends!  Long time no see!  ;)  How are you all???  I'm good, I've not been baking/cooking much because: I've been sewing new clothes!  =)


Chocolate Frozen (Greek) Yogurt
I found this recipe on allrecipes, and tweaked it....I hope that you enjoy it!  =)
  • 1/4 cup White Sugar
  • 10 drops Sweet Leaf liquid Stevia
  • 1-2 Tablespoons Organic Cornstarch (3T is too much)
  • 3 Tablespoons Organic Cocoa Powder (Frontier)
  • 12 oz Cream
  • 1/2 cup Semisweet Chocolate Chips
  • 1 cup Plain Greek Yogurt
  • 1 teaspoon Vanilla extract
  • 1 Tablespoon Butter

Directions

  1. Place some of the Milk in a jar, add the Cornstarch & Cocoa Powder- shake it up good (like you were making gravy). 
  2. (now think pudding) In a saucepan: stir up the remaining plain Cream, the chocolate Cream, the Sugar and Chocolate chips. Cook over medium heat until chocolate is melted and the mixture is thickened. Stir constantly to prevent burning. (You have to cook the cream concoction til it boils, but not too long!)
  3. Remove the mixture from the heat, and stir in the plain yogurt, butter, Stevia and Vanilla. (I used a whisk, because the yogurt was hard to incorporate.)
  4. Refrigerate until chilled. 
  5. Pour the mixture into an ice cream maker, and freeze according to the manufacturer's instructions.   (click here for our preferred method)
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Notes:
~YUM!
~3T Cornstarch is too much, unless you want to eat it like pudding, and not try to freeze it.
~I'd add more Butter next time. =)

Notes from allrecipe commenters I'd like to remember:
~My family loves this recipe and I think next time I'll try adding 1/4 peanut butter or a few peppermint sticks for a change. Excellent ice cream.
~I used Truvia sweetener and nonfat GREEK yogurt.  Wow oh wow, this was incredible! Everyone loved this, even my froyo hating husband. This recipe will be made a lot this summer, I can tell you that!
~I used sweetened condensed milk (didn't have cream), 1 cup yogurt, 3 tbs of cocoa, and 1/2 cup of chocolate chips. Omitted the sugar and the cornstarch because the condensed milk was sweet enough and thick enough.

1940's kitchen

No comments: