Tuesday, February 13, 2018

Mamie Eisenhower’s Cheesecake with a Chocolate Crust

Mmm...cheesecake for a party!


....it rose SO tall (you beat it like 20-25 minutes!), but it sank as it cooled.




I got the recipe for Mamie Eisenhower’s Cheesecake in Bill Yosses & Melissa Clark's book "The Perfect Finish", but I also found the recipe on this blog HERE.  I guess that that Gal got it from The Perfect Finish, as the recipe is almost word for word from the cookbook I used.

Notes:
~I used a 9" pan instead of a 10" (8 generous servings)
~Left out the lemon peel
~Used 2&1/2 Tablespoons lemon juice
~If you have one, use a stand mixer, not a hand mixer.
~I think that I over beat it...and maybe over cooked it... =/
~Served with your choice of chocolate or caramel sauce or homemade cranberry sauce! 

1 comment:

Rebekah B said...

It looks delish!!!